Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Why does Joe Scarborough hate america?

From MSNBC:

SCARBOROUGH: Is George Bush an idiot? That‘s the subject of tonight‘s “Real Deal.” Now, new and old media alike are buzzing about last week‘s SCARBOROUGH COUNTRY segment on the president‘s mental prowess. In Sunday‘s “Washington Post,” Peter Baker wrote this. Quote, “Bush advisers said that the president‘s political weakness has encouraged soft supporters and quiet skeptics to speak out. Few have struck a nerve more than Scarborough.”

“Struck a nerve” is an understatement. I‘ve been blasted by Republican loyalists for asking whether Linda Ronstadt‘s description of the president as an “idiot” was out of line. That question was important not because another Hollywood liberal was blasting Bush but because conservatives have been doing the same thing privately since the Harriet Miers and Katrina debacles of last fall. Well, and because of the steady roar of Bushisms like these seen daily on late night TV.

SCARBOROUGH: Look it up! Now, I know the president. He‘s no idiot. But history‘s also proven that he doesn‘t like listening to dissent. He lacks intellectual curiosity, and he inspires fear among allies every time he gets behind a microphone doing a press conference. Now, with Iraq in flames, Iran on the rise, Afghanistan in crisis mode, Hezbollah on his scent, Israel in disarray and North Korea testing missiles, we got to have a president who projects confidence. Right now, this president is not.

I was a conservative when I ran for Congress in 1994. I am a conservative now. I was against big deficits when Bill Clinton was running Washington, and I‘m against them now that Republicans are running D.C. I was attacked by sycophants and suck-ups when I dared to criticize Newt Gingrich for backing down on spending reductions and tax cuts when he was Speaker of the House. And I was attacked two years ago when I wrote a book that took on big-spending Republicans. History proved me right before, and history‘s going to prove me right again.

When in doubt, friends, always choose country over party, and time will prove you did not only what was best for your country but also did what was best for your party. And that‘s tonight‘s “Real Deal.”

I always hear the phrase "lacks intellectual curiosity" from critics of President Bush. To me it's just a nice way of calling the guy a moron. Scarborough has been critical of the president since the Hurricane Katrina debacle. He's also been highly critical of Republicans in Congress. This simply could be a result of him trying to distance himself from the likes of Bill O'reilly who has on ongoing feud with MSNBC, the network Scarborough works for. Perhaps Joe Scarborough has come to the same conclusion a majority of americans have come to which is that Bush is not competent to be President. It's a pity Joe Scarborough didn't realize this in 04.