Saturday, March 25, 2006

Dixie Chicks newest song

Atrios posted a link to the Dixie Chicks website. Their latest song plays when you go to their site and they have the lyrics posted as well. I was never a fan of the Dixie Chicks. There was a time when they were all the rage and i use to wonder to myself what the hell is the big deal about the Dixie Chicks? Admittedly i'm not much of a fan of country music though these past few years i've become a fan of Martina McBride. Ironically, the one song i did like by the Dixie Chicks called Traveling Soldier came out around the time of their controversial comments about President Bush. I always thought they got a bum rap over that, so much so that when their newest cd comes out on May 23 i'm going to buy it. It will be my first Dixie Chicks cd. I view it as my little way of thumbing my nose at all the intollerant bastards that threw away their Dixie Chicks cd's and the wingnut owned radio stations that stopped playing their songs.